During the day I help clients solve business challenges at my strategy and execution advisory firm ROCKET + COMMERCE. I’m also the Founder of REIGNITE! Global and author of The REIGNITE! 2020 Report (view it here).
In terms of my professional background, I am on Linkedin which provides a pretty good overview.
Although I have had quite a few diverse professional experiences, a common thread is that I have been lucky enough to have worked at the forefront of emerging and disruptive technologies helping leaders, investors and organisations to respond, grow, change and adapt.
I have done this as a researcher, lecturer, lawyer, management consultant, programme manager, entrepreneur, and advisor across all shapes and sizes of new and disruptive technologies including e-commerce, mobile, online marketplaces, Internet of Things, SaaS, Workflow Automation, data and analytics, and many more.
To date (and in no particular order), I have been a:
- Management consultant and programme manager (I joined the Accenture London office as part of the TMT consulting group between 2006-2011)
- Barrister and solicitor in private practice and as in-house counsel (I was admitted in 2003 to the NSW Supreme Court)
- Lecturer at Queensland University of Technology (I launched, taught and ran the new e-Commerce law course for undergraduates and post-graduates between 2002-2004)
- Research Fellow at QUT (you can read old work published in academic journals here or new work here)
- Entrepreneur (I co-founded a start-up in 2011 called The Social Experiences Club which was one of the first sharing economy marketplaces for hosted activities and experiences, and way back when a university student I founded a successful tutoring service)
- Blogger and writer covering topics at the intersection of business and technology here at andrewessa.com