During the day I help clients solve business challenges at my strategy and execution advisory firm ROCKET + COMMERCE. I’m also the Founder of REIGNITE! Global and author of The REIGNITE! 2020 Report (view it here).
In terms of my professional background, I am on Linkedin which provides a pretty good overview.
Although I have had quite a few diverse professional experiences, a common thread is that I enjoy solving hard business problems, especially those involving technology.
From negotiating complex IT outsourcing deals, to leading strategy and operations teams at Accenture, to developing go-to-market strategies for start-up Internet of Things (IoT) start-ups, to designing operating models for global telecoms firms, to market research and commercial due diligence on sectors including online gaming, music
I certainly have been lucky enough to have worked at the forefront of emerging and disruptive technologies helping leaders, investors and organisations to respond, grow, change and adapt. I’ve become a business expert around e-commerce, mobile, online marketplaces, Internet of Things, SaaS, Workflow Automation, data and analytics, and many more.
I have done this wearing many different hats, from academic researcher and lecturer to barrister/solicitor to management consultant.
Sample expertise is below and more on Linkedin:
- Management consultant and programme manager (I joined the Accenture London office as part of the TMT consulting group between 2006-2011)
- Barrister and solicitor in private practice and as in-house counsel (I was admitted in 2003 to the NSW Supreme Court)
- Lecturer at Queensland University of Technology (I launched, taught and ran the new e-Commerce law course for undergraduates and post-graduates between 2002-2004)
- Research Fellow at QUT (you can read old work published in academic journals here or new work here)
- Entrepreneur (I co-founded a start-up in 2011 called The Social Experiences Club which was one of the first sharing economy marketplaces for hosted activities and experiences, and way back when a university student I founded a successful tutoring service)
- Blogger and writer covering topics at the intersection of business and technology here at andrewessa.com